Spring - March, April and May - together with the autumn, are the best months to visit Villalba, Nemi and Rome. Here it is neither too hot nor too cold. Spring starts earlier in Nemi than in Northern Europe and typically you can sit out and enjoy lunch and often for dinner in the evening also.
In Nemi the Roman tourists come throughout the year, therefore, all the bars and restaurants are open. It gives a nice life in the streets. Flower markets will start again with a wide selection of the first flowers.
Rome is ideal to visit in the spring when the temperature is very pleasant at this time of year. In summer it can be almost too hot to visit Rome because of the high temperatures.
All sports are ideal to practice in the spring.
The swimming pool in Villalba is typically opened in late March and can be used both in April and May. The water temperature may be below 20 degrees.
The following events take place in the spring:
▪ Easter: large Catholic ceremonies in Italy of celebration and great lunch and afternoon events. Large processions in major cities and towns.
▪ Carnival in Rome.
▪ Pentecost : a big festival in Italy and Rome.
▪ Antique Market Grande Mercato di Primavera.
▪ International horse show at the Villa Borghese.
▪ Tennis Masters : big tennis tournament in Rome.